Benefits Plan Overview
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Dental Insurance: Principal
Vision Insurance: Envolve
- Educator Income Plan: Colonial Life
- Long-Term Disability (High Option): Principal
- Long-Term Disability (Low Option): Principal
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Group Term Life Insurance (Employer-Paid): Principal
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
Telemedicine: Call A Doctor Plus
Identity Theft Shield & Life Events Legal Plan**: Legal Shield
Insurance Products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
Enrollment Period: June 13, 2019 – June 14, 2019
Effective Dates: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- You must work 20 hours or more per week.
- The plan year for Colonial Insurance products, Principal Dental, Principal Long-Term Disability, Envolve Vision, Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine and Legal Shield Identity Theft Shield & Life Events Legal Plan lasts from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020. Please Note: Dental benefits are based on the Calendar Year, running from January 1st through December 31st. Dental benefits and deductibles will reset every January 1st.
- Deductions for Principal Dental, Principal Long-Term Disability, Envolve Vision, Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine and Legal Shield Identity Theft Shield & Life Events Legal Plan will begin July 2019. Deductions for Colonial Insurance products will begin June 2019.
- If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
- Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT be changed after the enrollment period unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time or vice-versa.
- Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the North Carolina Service Center at 1-888-662-7500 to request a change in elections.
- The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2019.
- Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
- Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
To enroll or make changes to your Flexible Benefits Plan, please see the representative while he/she is at your location.