Benefits Plan Overview
Health Insurance: Anthem – The Local Choice
Dental Insurance: Delta – The Local Choice
Vision Insurance: Anthem – The Local Choice
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
Enrollment Period: August 10, 2020 – September 18, 2020
Effective Dates: October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2021
- Employees must be contracted Full-Time, working a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- The plan year for The Local Choice Benefits (Anthem Health, Delta Dental & Anthem Vision) and Colonial Insurance products lasts from October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021.
- Deductions for The Local Choice Benefits (Anthem Health, Delta Dental & Anthem Vision) and Colonial Insurance products will begin October 2020.
- The Local Choice Benefits are included in this booklet for informational purposes only.
- If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
- Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
- Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-800-387-5955 to request a change in elections.
- The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a -day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until October 31, 2020.
- Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
- Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.