Benefits Plan Overview
Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Medical Reimbursement Maximum $2,700/year
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum $5,000/year
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Vision Insurance: Superior
*You will need to re-sign for the Spending Accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE December 31, 2019.
Disability Benefits: USAble
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
Telemedicine: Call A Doctor Plus
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Group Term Life Insurance: MetLife
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: OCTOBER 1, 2019 – OCTOBER 31, 2019
EFFECTIVE DATES: JANUARY 1, 2020 – DECEMBER 31, 2020
- – You must be a full-time employee working 30 hours or more per week.
- – The plan year for Superior Vision, Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine, USAble Disability, Colonial Insurance products and Spending Accounts lasts from January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
- – Deductions for Superior Vision, Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine, USAble Disability, Colonial Insurance products and Spending Accounts will begin January 2020.
- – If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
- – If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses.
Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
- – Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a QUALIFYING EVENT as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a Qualifying Event are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time or vice-versa. A Qualifying Event is required for elections to pre and post-tax policies made outside of the Enrollment Period.
- – Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the North Carolina Service Center at 1-888-662-7500 to request a change in elections.
- – Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
- – An employee has 90days after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
- – With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account.
- – The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until January 31, 2020.
- – Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
- – Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
- – An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.