Benefits Plan Overview
Health Insurance: Anthem
Dental Insurance: Anthem
Vision Insurance: Superior
Health Savings Accounts*
- Employee Maximum $3,550/year
- Family Maximum $7,100/year
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
Franklin City Public Schools provides a monthly HSA contribution
Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Medical Reimbursement Maximum $2,700/year
- Limited Purpose FSA Maximum $2,700/year
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum $5,000/year
**Limited Purpose FSA funds can only be used for qualifying vision, dental and orthodontia expenses
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
*You will need to re-sign for the Spending Accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 30, 2019.
- Short-Term Disability: Colonial Life
- Long-Term Disability: Reliance Standard
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
Enrollment Period: August 19, 2019 – August 23, 2019
Effective Dates: October 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
- Employees must work a minimum of 20 hours for benefits.
- Benefits will be effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- The plan year for Anthem Health, Anthem Dental, Superior Vision, Reliance Standard Long-Term Disability, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts and Colonial Insurance products lasts from October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020. Please Note: Dental benefits are based on the Calendar Year, running from January 1st through December 31st. Dental benefits and deductibles will reset every January 1st.
- Deductions for Anthem Health, Anthem Dental, Superior Vision and Health Savings Accounts will begin September 2019. Deductions for Reliance Standard Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts and Colonial Insurance products will begin October 2019. Flexible Spending Accounts will have 22 deductions, all other benefits will have 24 deductions.
- If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
- If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses.
Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
- Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
- Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-800-387-5955 to request a change in elections.
- Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
- An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the 90 day employment ends. The employee has days after the termination date to submit claims.
- With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account.
- The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until October 31, 2019.
- Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
- Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
- An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.