Benefits Plan Overview
Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum $5,000/year
Health Savings Accounts*
- Employee Maximum $3,500/year
- Family Maximum $7,000/year
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified high-deductible health plan (HDHP)
Hopewell City Public Schools will contribute $1,800 per benefit year to an HSA per employee enrolled in the High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Health Insurance: Optima Health
Dental Insurance: Sun Life
Vision Insurance: Superior
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
Identity Theft Shield & Life Events Legal Plan: Legal Shield
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
Enrollment Period: April 29, 2019 – May 24, 2019
Effective Dates: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- Employees must work at least 20 hours a week to be eligible for benefits.
- The plan year for Optima Health, Sun Life Dental, Superior Vision, Colonial Insurance products, Dependent Care Spending Accounts and Legal Resources Identity Theft Shield & Life Events Legal Plan lasts from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020. Please Note: Dental benefits are based on the Calendar Year, running from January 1st through December 31st. Dental benefits and deductibles will reset every January 1st.
- Deductions for Optima Health, Sun Life Dental, Superior Vision and Dependent Care Spending Accounts will begin June 2019. Deductions for Health Savings Accounts, Colonial Insurance products and Legal Resources Identity Theft Shield & Life Events Legal Plan will begin July 2019.
- If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
- If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses, available from your Benefits Representative during the open enrollment period. Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
- Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT be changed after the enrollment period unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time or vice-versa.
- Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-800-387-5955 to request a change in elections.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement. With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can get is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account.
- An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for Dependent Care FSA expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
- The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2019.
- Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
- Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
- An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.
To enroll or make changes to your Benefits Plan, please see the representative while he/she is at your location.