Benefits Plan Overview
Health Insurance: Anthem
Health Savings Accounts*:
- Employee Maximum $3,500/year
- Family Maximum $7,000/year
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified high-deductible health plan (HDHP)
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum $5,000/year
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Dental Insurance: Delta
Vision Insurance: Anthem Blue View
*You will need to re-sign for the Dependent Care FSA if you want it to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE June 30, 2019.
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
Enrollment Period: April 23, 2019 – May 17, 2019
Effective Dates: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- You must work 30 hours or more per week to be eligible for benefits.
- The plan year for Anthem Health, Delta Dental, Anthem Blue View Vision, Colonial Insurance products, Health Savings Accounts and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts lasts from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
- Deductions for Anthem Health, Delta Dental and Anthem Blue View Vision will begin June 2019. Deductions for Colonial Insurance products, Health Savings Accounts and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts will begin July 2019.
- Please Note: The Anthem POS health plan option is only available to active employees age 65 or older.
- If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
- If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses, available from your Benefits Representative during the open enrollment period. Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
- Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT be changed after the enrollment period unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time or vice-versa.
- Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-800-387-5955 to request a change in elections.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement. With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can get is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account.
- An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for Dependent Care FSA expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
- The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2019.
- Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
- Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
- An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.
To enroll or make changes to your Benefits Plan, please see the representative while he/she is at your location.