Congratulations on your new employment!
Dental, Vision, Term Life, and Telemedicine - Please contact your Benefits Department to enroll.
Other Benefits - Please contact the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
Benefits Plan Overview
Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Medical Reimbursement Maximum $2,750/year
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum $5,000/year
*You will need to re-sign for the Spending Accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE JUNE 30, 2021.
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Dental Insurance: Delta
Vision Insurance: Superior
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Telemedicine: Call A Doctor Plus
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Identity Protection Plan: InfoArmor
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Group Term Life Insurance**: Sun Life
**EMPLOYEES WILL NEED TO RE-ENROLL IN BASIC GROUP TERM LIFE BENEFITS (EMPLOYER-PAID) & SUPPLEMENTAL GROUP TERM LIFE BENEFITS (EMPLOYEE-PAID) IN ORDER TO CONTINUE COVERAGE FOR THE NEW PLAN YEAR BEGINNING JULY 1, 2021.
Please note other insurance products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: APRIL 9, 2021 – APRIL 23, 2021
EFFECTIVE DATES: JULY 1, 2021 – JUNE 30, 2022
• You must work 30 hours or more per week.
• The plan year for Colonial Insurance products, Spending Accounts, Delta Dental, Sun Life Group Term Life, Superior Vision, Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine and InfoArmor Identity Protection Plan lasts from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. Please Note: Dental benefits are based on the Calendar Year, running from January 1st through December 31st. Dental benefits and deductibles will reset every January 1st.
• Deductions for Delta Dental, The Standard Group Term Life, Superior Vision, Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine and InfoArmor Identity Protection Plan will begin June 2021. Deductions for Colonial Insurance products and Spending Accounts will begin July 2021.
• If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
• If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses. Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
• Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
• Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has days to notify the North Carolina Service Center at 1-888-662-7500 to request a change in elections.
• Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
• An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
• With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account. You cannot be reimbursed more than has actually been deducted from your pay.
• As a married couple, one spouse cannot be enrolled in an FSA at the same time the other is contributing to an HSA.
• The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2021.
• Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
• Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
• An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.