Benefits Plan Overview
Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Medical Reimbursement Maximum $2,700/year
- Limited Purpose FSA Maximum $2,700/year**
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum $5,000/year
**Limited Purpose FSA funds can only be used for qualifying vision, dental and orthodontia expenses
Health Savings Accounts*
- Employee Maximum $3,500/year
- Family Maximum $7,000/year
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified high-deductible health plan (HDHP)
Winchester Public Schools will contribute $1,000 annually to an HSA per employee enrolled in the HDHP Health Plan
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Health Insurance: Anthem – The Local Choice
Dental Insurance: Delta Dental – The Local Choice
Vision Insurance: Anthem – The Local Choice
*You will need to re-sign for the Spending Accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE JUNE 30, 2019.
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
Enrollment Period: April 15, 2019 – May 10, 2019
Effective Dates: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- You must work 30 hours or more per week.
- The plan year for The Local Choice benefits (Anthem Health, Delta Dental & Anthem Vision), Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts and Colonial Insurance products lasts from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
- Deductions for The Local Choice benefits (Anthem Health, Delta Dental & Anthem Vision), Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts and Colonial Insurance products will begin July 2019.
- The 2019-2020 Flexible Spending Account Plan contains a grace period from July 1, 2020 through September 13, 2020. Therefore, you have from July 1, 2019 through September 13, 2020 to incur qualified expenses eligible for reimbursement in the Medical and Dependent Care Spending Accounts. If you do not incur qualified expenses eligible for reimbursement by September 13, 2020, and/or file for reimbursement by September 28, 2020 any contributions are forfeited under the use-or-lose it rule.
- If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
- If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses, available from your Benefits Representative during the open enrollment period. Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
- Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT be changed after the enrollment period unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time or vice-versa.
- Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-800-387-5955 to request a change in elections.
- Medical Reimbursement and Dependent Care Reimbursement expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
- Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 30 days after the termination date to submit claims.
- Unlike Medical Reimbursement Accounts, with Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts the maximum reimbursement you can get is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account.
- The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2019.
- Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
- Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
- An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Employer’s Benefit Administrator for more information.
To enroll or make changes to your Benefits Plan, please see the representative while he/she is at your location.