When an employee experiences a sudden covered accidental injury, accident insurance can help them offset unexpected medical expenses that aren’t covered by their medical insurance. Since benefits are paid directly, they can be used to cover things like co-pays and deductibles, making accident insurance a great complement to a high deductible health plan.
Unlike medical insurance, coverage can be entirely employee-paid, so you can offer more benefits without impacting your budget. Everyone wins:
- Budget-friendly payroll deduction.
- Payments are made directly to employees. Accident payments are based upon the type of covered accident, and employees can spend the money how they want.
- Flexible coverage options. Employees can choose coverage for just themselves, or they can select family coverage for their spouse and children.
- Guaranteed-issue coverage. Employees can get coverage without answering health questions, depending on the plan they choose.
- Wellness benefit. Some plans offer a benefit for certain types of health screenings, so employees can be healthier and happier.