Benefits Plan Overview
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Dental Insurance: Principal
Vision Insurance*: Superior
- Short-Term Disability: Colonial Life
- Long-Term Disability: Principal
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Group Term Life Insurance (Employer-Paid): Principal
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
Telemedicine: Call A Doctor Plus
Identity Theft Shield & Life Events Legal Plan: Legal Shield
*EMPLOYEES WILL NEED TO RE-ENROLL IN VISION BENEFITS IN ORDER TO CONTINUE COVERAGE FOR THE NEW PLAN YEAR BEGINNING JULY 1, 2020.
Please note other insurance products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: JUNE 2, 2020 – JUNE 3, 2020
EFFECTIVE DATES: JULY 1, 2020 – JUNE 30, 2021
• You must work 20 hours or more per week.
• The plan year for Colonial Insurance products, Principal Long-Term Disability, Principal Dental, Principal Group Term Life, Superior Vision, Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine and Legal Shield Identity Theft Shield & Life Events Legal Plan lasts from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021. Please Note: Dental benefits are based on the Calendar Year, running from January 1st through December 31st. Dental benefits and deductibles will reset every January 1st.
• Deductions for Colonial Insurance products, Principal Long-Term Disability, Principal Dental, Superior Vision, Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine and Legal Shield Identity Theft Shield & Life Events Legal Plan will begin July 2020.
• If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
• Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
• Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has days to notify the North Carolina Service Center at 1-888-662-7500 to request a change in elections.
• The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2020.
• Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
• Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.