Congratulations on your new employment!
Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
Benefits Plan Overview
Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Medical Reimbursement FSA Maximum $2,750/year
- Limited Purpose FSA Maximum $2,750/year**
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum $5,000/year
**Limited Purpose FSA funds can only be used for qualifying vision, dental and orthodontia expenses
Health Savings Accounts
- Medical Reimbursement FSA Maximum $3,550/year
- Limited Purpose FSA Maximum $7,100/year
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum $3,750/year
Brunswick County Public Schools will contribute $200 annually to the employee’s HSA
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
Health Insurance: Anthem –The Local Choice
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Dental Insurance: Delta Dental – The Local Choice
Vision Insurance: Anthem – The Local Choice
*You will need to re-sign for the Flexible Spending Accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 30, 2020.
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
Legal Select Plan: Legal resources
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
Insurance Products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
Enrollment Period: August 5, 2020 – August 21, 2020
Effective Dates: October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2021
Employees must work hours or more per week and/or be a contracted employee.
- The plan year for The Local Choice Benefits (Anthem Health, Delta Dental & Anthem Vision), Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts and Colonial Insurance products lasts from October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021.
- Deductions for The Local Choice Benefits (Anthem Health, Delta Dental & Anthem Vision) will begin September 2020. Deductions for Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Colonial Insurance products and Legal Resources Legal Select Plan will begin October 2020.
- If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
- If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses.
Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
- Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
- Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-800-387-5955 to request a change in elections.
- Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
- An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
- For Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account. You cannot be reimbursed more than has actually been deducted from your pay.
- The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until October 31, 2020.
- Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
- Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
- An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.