Congratulations on your new employment!
Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
Benefits Plan Overview
Health Insurance: Aetna
Dental Insurance: Delta Dental of VA
Vision Insurance: Aetna
Health Savings Accounts: Flex Facts
– Employee Maximum $3,650/year
– Family Maximum $7,300/year
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
The City of Martinsville will contribute $250 to an HSA for employees enrolled in health coverage.
An additional $250 is contributed if the employee completes a health risk assessment and another $220 if the employee completes a physical.
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Short-Term Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Long-Term Disability Benefits*: The Hartford
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Term Life Insurance
– Whole Life Insurance
Accident Benefits – Gunshot Wound Policy: Colonial Life
*EMPLOYEES WILL NEED TO RE-ENROLL IN LONG-TERM DISABILITY BENEFITS IN ORDER TO CONTINUE COVERAGE FOR THE NEW PLAN YEAR BEGINNING JULY 1, 2022.
Enrollment Period: MAY 16, 2022 – JUNE 10, 2022
Effective Dates: JULY 1, 2022 – JUNE 30, 2023
– Employees must work 40 hours per week.
– The plan year for Aetna Health, Delta Dental, Aetna Vision, The Hartford Long-Term Disability, Health Savings Accounts and Colonial Insurance products lasts from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
– Deductions for Aetna Health, Delta Dental, Aetna Vision, The Hartford Long-Term Disability, Health Savings Accounts and Colonial Insurance products will begin July 2022.
– If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative..
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa. Once a family status change has occurred an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-800-387-5955 to request a change in elections.
– As a married couple, one spouse cannot be enrolled in a Medical Reimbursement FSA at the same time the other opens or contributes to an HSA.
– The Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan has a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2022.
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
– An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.