Congratulations on your new employment!
All Benefits – You are eligible to self-enroll online. Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
Benefits Plan Overview
Health Insurance: Anthem
Dental Insurance: Delta Dental of VA
Vision Insurance: Aetna Vision
Health Savings Accounts: Flex Facts
– Employee Maximum $3,850/year
– Family Maximum $7,750/year
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
Participating employees may receive up tp $720 towards their HSA annual maximum. The City of Martinsville will contribute $250 to the Health Savings Account for all participating employees. If employees complete a health assessment, they receive another $250. Employees who complete a physical will receive another $220.
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Short-Term Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Long-Term Disability Benefits: The Hartford
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Term Life Insurance
– Whole Life Insurance
Accident Benefits – Gunshot Wound Policy: Colonial Life
Student Loan Assistance Program: GradFin
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you speak with a representative to change them.
Enrollment Period: MAY 15, 2023 – JUNE 9, 2023
Effective Dates: JULY 1, 2023 – JUNE 30, 2024
– Employees working 40 hours or more per week are eligible for all benefits.
– The plan year for Anthem Health, Delta Dental, Aetna Vision, Health Savings Accounts, Colonial Insurance products, and The Hartford Long-Term Disability lasts from July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
– Deductions for Anthem Health, Delta Dental, Aetna Vision, Health Savings Accounts, Colonial Insurance products, and The Hartford Long-Term Disability will begin July 2023.
– If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative.
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa. Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-800-387-5955 to request a change in elections.
– As a married couple, one spouse cannot be enrolled in a Medical Reimbursement FSA at the same time the other opens or contributes to an HSA.
– The Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan has a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2023.
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
– An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.