Benefits Plan Overview
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
- Short-Term Disability: Colonial Life
- Long-Term Disability: Reliance Standard
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
Pet Insurance (Direct Billing Only): Nationwide
Accident Benefits – Gunshot Wound Policy: Colonial Life
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: APRIL 22, 2020 – MAY 15, 2020
EFFECTIVE DATES: JULY 1, 2020 – JUNE 30, 2021
• You must be a full-time employee working 30 hours or more per week.
• The plan year for Colonial Insurance products and Reliance Standard Long-Term Disability lasts from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021.
• Deductions for Colonial Insurance products and Reliance Standard Long-Term Disability will begin July 2020. The Nationwide Pet Insurance plan is available by Direct Billing only. No deductions will be taken via payroll deduction.
• If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
• Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are:marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
• Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has days to notify the North Carolina Service Center at 1-888-662-7500 to request a change in elections.
• The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2020.
• Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
• Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.