Congratulations on your new employment!
PEBA Benefits – Visit https://mybenefits.sc.gov/
Colonial Benefits – Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
Benefits Plan Overview
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
Disability Benefits: Sun Life (Employer-Paid Benefit!)
Employee Assistance Program: EAPBusiness Class (Employer-Paid Benefit!)
Please note existing insurance products will remain in effect unless you speak with a representative to change them.
Enrollment Period: MAY 23, 2022 – MAY 25, 2022
Effective Dates: JULY 1, 2022 – JUNE 30, 2023
– You must work 30 hours or more per week.
– The plan year for Colonial Insurance products lasts from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023. The plan year for Sun Life Short-Term Disability lasts from August 1, 2022 through July 31, 2023 (Employer-Paid Benefit)
– Deductions for Colonial Insurance products will begin July 2022.
– Your employer offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your eligible family members. An EAP is an employer-sponsored benefit that offers confidential support and resources for personal or work-related challenges and concerns. Please see the EAP pages of this benefit booklet for more details and contact information.
– If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative.
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa. Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-833-556-0006 to request a change in elections.
– The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2022.
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.