Congratulations on your new employment!
Dental and Vision – Please contact your Benefits Department within 30 days of your date of hire.
All Other Benefits – You will be eligible to enroll during the next Annual Enrollment.
Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts (LPFSA)
Set aside tax-free money for dental and vision expenses.
Use the below information to determine if a Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA) is right for you and how to best take advantage of an LPFSA account.
How It Works
A Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA) is a special type of FSA that allows you to set aside tax-free money to pay for eligible dental and vision expenses. What makes an LPFSA unique is that it can be used in conjunction with a Health Savings Account (HSA), allowing you to grow your HSA funds while using the LPFSA to pay for immediate dental and vision needs. Other than the restriction of eligible expenses to vision, dental, and orthodontia, the rules governing the LPFSA are the same as those that apply to an FSA.
The Value & Perks
– Save On Eligible Expenses: You can save up to 40% on qualifying expenses such as vision appointments, LASIK, contact lenses and solution, glasses, teeth cleaning, dentures, and dental and vision copays. You can contribute to an LPFSA and HSA in the same plan year, allowing you to save and grow your HSA balance, while using the LPFSA to pay for everyday expenses.
– Keep More Money: The funds are taken out of your paycheck “pre-tax” (meaning they are subtracted from your gross earnings before taxes) throughout the course of the year. Let’s say you earn $40,000 a year and contribute $1,500 to an LPFSA; so, only $38,500 of your income gets taxed. That means you are increasing your take-home pay simply by participating!
– Easy Spending and Account Management: You will receive an Ameriflex Debit Mastercard linked to your LPFSA. You can use your card for eligible purchases everywhere Mastercard is accepted. Account information can be securely accessed 24/7 online and through the mobile app.
Eligible LPFSA Expenses
You can use your LPFSA to pay for expenses related to dental and vision. Below are some examples of common eligible expenses:
– Vision exams
– Contact lenses and solution
– Dental x-rays, crowns, fillings, and other orthodontia work
– Dental and vision copays and deductibles
For a full list of eligible expenses, go to myameriflex.com/eligibleexpenses.