Congratulations on your new employment!
Dental and Vision - Please contact your Benefits Department to enroll.
Other Benefits - You will be eligible to enroll during the next Annual Enrollment.
Benefits Plan Overview
Flexible Spending Accounts*: Ameriflex
– Medical Reimbursement FSA Maximum: $2,750/year
– Limited Purpose FSA⁺ Maximum: $2,750/year
– Dependent Care Reimbursement FSA Maximum: $5,000/year
⁺Limited Purpose FSA funds can only be used for qualifying vision, dental and orthodontia expenses
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
*You will need to re-sign for the Flexible Spending Accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 30, 2021.
Short-Term Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Long-Term Disability Benefits: Sun Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Term Life Insurance
– Whole Life Insurance
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you speak with a representative to change them.
Enrollment Period: AUGUST 24, 2021 – SEPTEMBER 10, 2021
Effective Dates: OCTOBER 1, 2021 – SEPTEMBER 30, 2022
– Isle of Wight County Schools employees who work 30 or more hours per week are eligible.
– The plan year for Colonial Insurance products, Spending Accounts and Sun Life Long-Term Disability lasts from October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2022.
– Deductions for Colonial Insurance products, Spending Accounts and Sun Life Long-Term Disability will begin October 2021.
– Health FSA Rollover Provision: Your employer provides the rollover option for your FSA plan. Please see the Flexible Spending Account section of your benefit booklet for more information on this provision.
– If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative.
– If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses. Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
– Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-800-387-5955 to request a change in elections.
– Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
– An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
– With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account. You cannot be reimbursed more than has actually been deducted from your pay.
– As a married couple, one spouse cannot be enrolled in a Medical Reimbursement FSA at the same time the other opens or contributes to an HSA.
– The Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan has a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until October 31, 2021.
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
– An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.