Congratulations on your new employment!
PEBA Benefits – Visit https://mybenefits.sc.gov/ or https://online.retirement.sc.gov/MemberAccess/welcome
Colonial Benefits – Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
Benefits Plan Overview
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Whole Life Insurance
Enrollment Period: SEPTEMBER 22, 2021 – OCTOBER 31, 2021
Effective Dates: JANUARY 1, 2022 – DECEMBER 31, 2022
– You must work 30 hours or more per week.
– The plan year for Colonial Insurance products lasts from January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
– Deductions for Colonial Insurance products will begin January 2022.
– If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative.
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
– Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-833-556-0006 to request a change in elections.
– The Colonial Cancer plan* and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until January 31, 2022. (*Waiting period waived for employees with existing coverage with a prior carrier. Please speak with your Benefits Counselor for more information.)
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.