Congratulations on your new employment!
Dental, Vision, and Term Life - Please contact your Benefits Department to enroll.
Other Benefits - Please contact the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
Benefits Plan Overview
Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Medical Reimbursement Maximum $2,750/year
- Limited Purpose FSA Maximum $2,750/year
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum $5,000/year
**Limited Purpose FSA funds can only be used for qualifying vision, dental and orthodontia expenses
Health Savings Accounts*
- Employee Maximum $3,550/year
- Family Maximum $7,100/year
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified high-deductible health plan (HDHP)
Lenoir County Government contributes $800 for employees enrolled in employee only coverage in the High Deductible Health Plan and $1600 for employees enrolled in dependent coverage in the High Deductible Health Plan. HSA contributions are pro-rated for employees hired during the year. Employees must be enrolled in the HSA Health Plan to participate in the Health Savings Account.
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Health Insurance: BlueCross BlueShield
Dental Insurance: Delta
Vision Insurance: Superior
*You will need to re-sign for the Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE JUNE 30, 2020.
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits – Gunshot Wound Policy: Colonial Life
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Group Term Life Insurance: MetLife
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: MAY 4, 2020 – MAY 8, 2020
EFFECTIVE DATES: JULY 1, 2020 – JUNE 30, 2021
• Employees who work 30 or more hours per week are eligible for Health, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental, Vision, Life and Colonial benefits. Employees who work 20 or more hours per week are eligible for Colonial benefits.
• New Employees are eligible for benefits the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
• If a working spouse of a covered employee is eligible for healthcare benefits through his/her employer plan, then the spouse will no longer be eligible for coverage under this Health Plan. Working spouses that are eligible for healthcare benefits through their employer, but refuse that coverage, will not be eligible for benefits under this Health Plan.
• The plan year for BlueCross Blueshield Health, Delta Dental, Superior Vision, MetLife Group Term Life, Colonial Insurance products, Health Savings Accounts and Spending Accounts lasts from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021.
• Deductions for BlueCross BlueShield Health, Delta Dental, Health Savings Accounts and Spending Accounts will begin June 2020. Deductions for Superior Vision, MetLife Group Term Life and Colonial Insurance products will begin July 2020.
• If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
• If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses.
Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
• Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
• Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has days to notify the North Carolina Service Center at 1-888-662-7500 to request a change in elections.
• Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
• An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
• With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account. You cannot be reimbursed more than has actually been deducted from your pay.
• The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2020.
• Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
• Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
• An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.