Benefits forLexington County School District One
Congratulations on your new employment!
PEBA Benefits – Visit https://mybenefits.sc.gov/ or https://online.retirement.sc.gov/MemberAccess/welcome
Colonial Benefits – Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
Benefits Plan Overview
Health Savings Accounts
PEBA information is listed for informational purposes only. Please refer to the PEBA Benefits & Enrollment section below for ways to access your benefits and enrollment information.
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Short-Term Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Whole Life Insurance
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you speak with a representative to change them.
Enrollment Period: September 15, 2022 – October 31, 2022
Effective Dates: January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023
– You must work 20 hours or more per week.
– The plan year for Colonial Insurance products lasts from January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
– Deductions for Colonial Insurance products will begin January 2023.
– If signing up for PEBA coverage, please have your marriage license, or page one of your most recent joint federal tax return to add spouse to coverage, and a copy of the long birth certiﬁcate to add children to coverage. If signing up for any Colonial coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Beneﬁts Representative.
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
– Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 31 days to notify the HR Generalist for status changes for PEBA, or the Pierce Group Beneﬁts Service Center for status changes for Colonial products.
– • The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until January 31, 2023.
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
PEBA BENEFITS & ENROLLMENT
– PEBA administers the state’s employee insurance programs for South Carolina’s public workforce. PEBA benefit elections are processed through PEBA’s MyBenefits and Member Access portals. Learn more about the benefits available to employees by visiting the link below.