Congratulations on your new employment!
Disability and Colonial – Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
All Other Benefits – Please contact your Benefits Department within 30 days of your date of hire.
Benefits Plan Overview
Health Insurance*: The Local Choice – Anthem
Dental Insurance: The Local Choice – Delta Dental of VA
Vision Insurance: The Local Choice – Blue View Vision
*Employees will need to re-enroll in Health Benefits in order to continue coverage for the new plan year beginning July 1, 2022. The Local Choice Health plan includes Health, Dental & Vision coverage. Benefit eligible Employees that waive The Local Choice Health plan may enroll in the Delta Dental and Blue View Vision stand-alone plans.
Dental Insurance: Delta Dental of VA (Stand-Alone Policy)
Vision Insurance: Blue View Vision (Stand-Alone Policy)
Health Savings Accounts: HSA Bank
– Employee Maximum: $3,650/year
– Family Maximum: $7,300/year
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
Prince George County Public Schools contributes the following amounts to your Health Savings Account:
Employee Only – $1,500 / Employee + Spouse -$1,750 / Employee + Child – $1,750 / Employee + Children – $2,000 / Employee + Family – $2,000
Please Note: Employees must be enrolled in the HDHP to enroll in the HSA with the employer contributions.
Flexible Spending Accounts⁺: Ameriflex
– Dependent Care Reimbursement FSA Maximum: $5,000/year
⁺You will need to re-sign for the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account to continue for the new plan year.
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Term Life Insurance
– Whole Life Insurance
Enrollment Period: APRIL 19, 2022 – MAY 16, 2022
Effective Dates: JULY 1, 2022 – JUNE 30, 2023
– Employees must work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
– The plan year for The Local Choice benefits (Anthem Health, Delta Dental & Blue View Vision), Delta Dental (stand-alone policy), Blue View Vision (stand-alone policy), Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account and Colonial Insurance products lasts from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
– Deductions for The Local Choice benefits (Anthem Health, Delta Dental & Blue View Vision), Delta Dental (stand-alone policy) and Anthem Blue View Vision (stand-alone policy) will begin June 2022. Deductions for Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account and Colonial Insurance products will begin July 2022.
– If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative.
– If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses. Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
– Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-800-387-5955 to request a change in elections.
– Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
– An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
– With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account. You cannot be reimbursed more than has actually been deducted from your pay.
– As a married couple, one spouse cannot be enrolled in a Medical Reimbursement FSA at the same time the other opens or contributes to an HSA.
– The Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan has a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2022.
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
– An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.