Congratulations on your new employment!
Dental, Vision, and Term Life - Please contact your Benefits Department to enroll.
Other Benefits - Please contact the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
Benefits Plan Overview
Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Medical Reimbursement Maximum $2,750/year | Minimum $240/year
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum $5,000/year
*You will need to re-sign for the Spending Accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE JUNE 30, 2020.
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Dental Insurance**: Delta
Vision Insurance: Superior
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
Pet Insurance (Direct Billing Only): Nationwide
Telemedicine: Call A Doctor Plus
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Group Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
**EMPLOYEES WILL NEED TO RE-ENROLL IN DENTAL BENEFITS IN ORDER TO CONTINUE COVERAGE FOR THE NEW PLAN YEAR BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 1, 2020.
Please note other insurance products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: MARCH 30, 2020 – MAY 22, 2020
EFFECTIVE DATES: JULY 1, 2020 – JUNE 30, 2021 (FSA, COLONIAL, GTL, TELEMEDICINE)
SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 – AUGUST 31, 2021 (DENTAL & VISION)
• Employees working 20 hours or more per week are eligible to participate in FSAs, Telemedicine & most Colonial.
• Employees working 30 hours or more per week are eligible to participate in Dental, Vision & Group Term Life.
• The plan year for Colonial Insurance products, Spending Accounts, Colonial Group Term Life and Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine lasts from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021. The plan year for Delta Dental and Superior Vision lasts from September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2021. Please Note: Dental benefits are based on the Calendar Year, running from January 1st through December 31st. Dental benefits and deductibles will reset every January 1st.
• Deductions for Colonial Insurance products, Spending Accounts, Colonial Group Term Life and Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine will begin July 2020 for 12-month employees, August 2020 for 10-month salary employees and September 2020 for 10-month hourly employees. Deductions for Delta Dental and Superior Vision will begin August 2020 for 12-month employees and 10-month salary employees and September 2020 for 10-month hourly employees. The Nationwide Pet Insurance plan is available by Direct Billing only. No deductions will be taken via payroll deduction.
• If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
• If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses.
Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
• Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
• Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the North Carolina Service Center at 1-888-662-7500 to request a change in elections.
• Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
• An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
• With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account. You cannot be reimbursed more than has actually been deducted from your pay.
• The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2020.
• Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
• Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
• An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.