Congratulations on your new employment!
Colonial – Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
All Other Benefits – Please contact your Benefits Department within 30 days of your date of hire.
Benefits Plan Overview
Health Insurance: The Local Choice – Anthem
Dental Insurance: The Local Choice – Delta Dental of VA
Vision Insurance: The Local Choice – Blue View Vision
*The Local Choice Benefits are included in this booklet for informational purposes only.
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Term Life Insurance
– Whole Life Insurance
Accident Benefits – Gunshot Wound Policy: Colonial Life
Student Loan Assistance Program: GradFin
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you speak with a representative to change them.
Enrollment Period: APRIL 17, 2023 – MAY 5, 2023
Effective Dates: JULY 1, 2023 – JUNE 30, 2024
– Employees must work 30 hours or more per week.
– The plan year for The Local Choice benefits (Anthem Health, Delta Dental & Blue View Vision) and Colonial Insurance products lasts from July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
– Deductions for Colonial Insurance products will begin July 2023.
– The Local Choice Benefits are included in this booklet for informational purposes only.
– If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative.
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD. Please speak with your Plan Administrator for more information.
– The Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan has a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2023.
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
– An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.