Congratulations on your new employment!
Dental, Vision, Term Life, Health and Legal – Please contact your Benefits Department within 30 days of your date of hire.
Flex and Telemedicine – Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
Colonial – You will be eligible to enroll during the next Annual Enrollment.
Benefits Plan Overview
Flexible Spending Accounts*: Ameriflex
– Medical Reimbursement Maximum: $2,750/year
– Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum: $5,000/year
*You will need to re-sign for the spending accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 31, 2021.
Dental Insurance: Sun Life
Vision Insurance: Superior
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Telemedicine: Call A Doctor Plus
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Term Life Insurance
– Whole Life Insurance
– Group Term Life Insurance
Legal Select Plan: Legal Resources
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you speak with a representative to change them.
Enrollment Period: OCTOBER 4, 2021 – OCTOBER 8, 2021
Effective Dates: JANUARY 1, 2022 – DECEMBER 31, 2022
– You must work 39 hours or more per week.
– The plan year for Colonial Insurance products, Spending Accounts, Sun Life Dental, Colonial Group Term Life, Superior Vision, Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine and Legal Resources Legal Select Plan lasts from January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
– Deductions for Sun Life Dental, Superior Vision, Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine and Legal Resources Legal Select Plan will begin December 2021. Deductions for Colonial Insurance products, Spending Accounts and Colonial Group Term Life will begin January 2022.
– Health FSA Rollover Provision: Your employer provides the rollover option for your FSA plan. Please see the Flexible Spending Account section of your benefit booklet for more information on this provision.
– The 2022 Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Plan contains a grace period from January 1, 2023 through March 15, 2023. Therefore, you have from January 1, 2022 through March 15, 2023 to incur qualified dependent care expenses eligible for reimbursement. If you do not incur qualified expenses eligible for reimbursement by March 15, 2023, and/or file for reimbursement by March 31, 2023, any contributions are forfeited under the use-or-lose it rule.
– If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative.
– If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses. Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
– Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the North Carolina Service Center at 1-888-662-7500 to request a change in elections.
– Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
– An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
– With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account. You cannot be reimbursed more than has actually been deducted from your pay.
– As a married couple, one spouse cannot be enrolled in a Medical Reimbursement FSA at the same time the other opens or contributes to an HSA.
– The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until January 31, 2022.
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
– An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.