Congratulations on your new employment!
Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
Benefits Plan Overview
Flexible Spending Account
- Medical Reimbursement FSA Maximum $2,750/year
- Dependent Care Reimbursement FSA Maximum $5,000/year
*You will need to re-sign for the Spending Accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE JUNE 30, 2020.
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Health Insurance: BlueCross BlueShield
Dental Insurance: Cigna
Vision Insurance: Superior
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
- Group Term Life Insurance: The Standard
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: MAY 19, 2020 – MAY 20, 2020
EFFECTIVE DATES: JULY 1, 2020 – JUNE 30, 2021
• Employees must work 30 hours or more per week.
• New employees are eligible for benefits the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
• The plan year for BlueCross BlueShield Health, Cigna Dental, Superior Vision, The Standard Group Term Life, Colonial Insurance products and Spending Accounts lasts from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021.
• Deductions for BlueCross BlueShield Health, Cigna Dental, Superior Vision and The Standard Group Term Life (dependent coverage) will begin June 2020. Deductions for Colonial Insurance products and Spending Accounts will begin July 2020.
• If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
• If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses.
Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
• Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
• Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the North Carolina Service Center at 1-888-662-7500 to request a change in elections.
• Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
• An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
• With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account. You cannot be reimbursed more than has actually been deducted from your pay.
• The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2020.
• Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
• Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
• An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.