Congratulations on your new employment!
Colonial – Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
All Other Benefits – Please contact your Benefits Department within 30 days of your date of hire.
Benefits Plan Overview
Health Insurance: The Local Choice – Anthem
Dental Insurance: The Local Choice – Delta Dental of VA
Vision Insurance: The Local Choice – Blue View Vision
Health Savings Accounts: Ameriflex
– Employee Maximum $3,650/year
– Family Maximum $7,300/year
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
Winchester Public Schools contributes $1,000 to the HSA for each enrolled participant in the HDHP. This is
provided in a lump sum in July. New hires throughout the year will receive a pro-rated contribution amount.
Flexible Spending Accounts*: Ameriflex
– Medical Reimbursement FSA Maximum: $2,850/year
– Limited Purpose FSA⁺ Maximum: $2,850/year
– Dependent Care Reimbursement FSA Maximum: $5,000/year
⁺Limited Purpose FSA funds can only be used for qualifying vision, dental and orthodontia expenses
*You will need to re-sign for the Flexible Spending Accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE JUNE 30, 2022
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Term Life Insurance
– Whole Life Insurance
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you speak with a representative to change them.
Enrollment Period: MAY 2, 2022 – MAY 16, 2022
Effective Dates: JULY 1, 2022 – JUNE 30, 2023
– Employees must work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
– The plan year for The Local Choice benefits (Anthem Health, Delta Dental and Blue View Vision), Health Savings Accounts, Spending Accounts and Colonial Insurance products lasts from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
– Deductions for The Local Choice benefits (Anthem Health, Delta Dental and Blue View Vision) will begin June 2022. Deductions for Health Savings Accounts, Spending Accounts and Colonial Insurance products will begin July 2022.
– If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative.
– If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses. Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
– Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-800-387-5955 to request a change in elections.
– Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
– Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 30 days after the termination date to submit Flexible Spending Account claims.
– With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account. You cannot be reimbursed more than has actually been deducted from your pay.
– As a married couple, one spouse cannot be enrolled in a Medical Reimbursement FSA at the same time the other opens or contributes to an HSA.
– The Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan has a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2022.
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
– An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.