Benefits Plan Overview
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum $5,000/year
You will need to re-sign for the Flexible Spending Account if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE JUNE 30, 2020.
Health Savings Accounts*
- Employee Maximum $3,550/year
- Family Maximum $7,100/year
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified high-deductible health plan (HDHP)
Hopewell City Public Schools will contribute $1,800 per benefit year to an HSA per employee enrolled in the High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Health Insurance*: Anthem
Dental Insurance*: Sun Life
Vision Insurance*: UnitedHealthcare
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
Pre-Paid Legal Plan:Legal Resources
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
*EMPLOYEES WILL NEED TO RE-ENROLL IN HEALTH, DENTAL, VISION & HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS IN ORDER TO CONTINUE COVERAGE FOR THE NEW PLAN YEAR BEGINNING JULY 1, 2020.
Please note other insurance products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: APRIL 28, 2020 – MAY 15, 2020
EFFECTIVE DATES: JULY 1, 2020 – JUNE 30, 2021
• Employees must work at least 20 hours a week to be eligible for benefits.
• The plan year for Anthem Health, Sun Life Dental, UnitedHealthcare Vision, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Colonial Insurance products and Legal Resources Pre-Paid Legal Plan lasts from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021.
• Deductions for Anthem Health, Sun Life Dental, UnitedHealthcare Vision and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts will begin June 2020. Deductions for Health Savings Accounts, Colonial Insurance products and Legal Resources Pre-Paid Legal Plan will begin July 2020.
• If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
• If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses.
Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
• Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
• Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-800-387-5955 to request a change in elections.
• Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
• An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
• With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account. You cannot be reimbursed more than has actually been deducted from your pay.
• The Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Medical Bridge plan has a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until July 31, 2020.
• Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
• Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
• An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.