Benefits forStokes County Schools
Congratulations on your new employment!
Flex – You will be eligible to enroll during the next Annual Enrollment.
Colonial – Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
All Other Benefits – Please contact your Benefits Department within 30 days of your date of hire.
Benefits Plan Overview
Flexible Spending Accounts: Ameriflex
– Medical Reimbursement Maximum: $2,500/year
– Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum: $5,000/year
You will need to re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-ENROLL, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 31, 2022.
Dental Insurance: MetLife
Vision Insurance: Superior
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Short-Term Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Long-Term Disability Benefits: Sun Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Group Term Life Insurance: MetLife
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Term Life Insurance
– Whole Life Insurance
Telemedicine Benefits: Call A Doctor Plus (Direct Billing Only)
Legal Select Plan: Legal Resources
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you speak with a representative to change them.
Enrollment Period: OCTOBER 17, 2022 – DECEMBER 9, 2022
Effective Dates: JANUARY 1, 2023 – DECEMBER 31, 2023
– You must be employed at least 30 hours per week to participate in Dental benefits.
– You must be employed at least 20 hours per week to participate in Colonial, Spending Accounts, Vision, and Long-Term Disability benefits.
– You must be employed at least 15 hours per week to participate in Group Term Life benefits.
– The plan year for Colonial Insurance products, Spending Accounts, Sun Life Long-Term Disability, MetLife Dental, MetLife Group Term Life, Superior Vision, and Legal Resources Legal Select Plan lasts from January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
– Deductions for Colonial Insurance products, Spending Accounts, Sun Life Long-Term Disability, MetLife Dental, MetLife Group Term Life, Superior Vision, and Legal Resources Legal Select Plan will begin January 2023. The Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine plan is available by Direct Billing only. No deductions will be taken via payroll deduction.
– If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative.
– PLEASE NOTE: Pierce Group Representatives are not authorized to assist employees with their SHP enrollment or make SHP enrollment elections on an employee’s behalf.
– If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses. Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD. Please speak with your Plan Administrator for more information.
– Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
– An employee has 3 months after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 3 months after the termination date to submit claims.
– With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account. You cannot be reimbursed more than has actually been deducted from your pay.
– As a married couple, one spouse cannot be enrolled in a Medical Reimbursement FSA at the same time the other opens or contributes to an HSA.
– The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until January 31, 2023.
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
– An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.