Benefits Plan Overview
Vision Insurance*: Superior
Dental Insurance: Citizens Security
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Care Benefits: Colonial Life
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
*EMPLOYEES WILL NEED TO RE-ENROLL IN VISION BENEFITS IN ORDER TO CONTINUE COVERAGE FOR THE NEW PLAN YEAR BEGINNING NOVEMBER 1, 2020.
Please note other insurance products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: OCTOBER 7, 2020 – October 9, 2020
EFFECTIVE DATES: NOVEMBER 1, 2020 – OCTOBER 31, 2021
- – Employees working 35 hours or more per week are eligible for all benefits.
- -The plan year for Citizens Security Dental, Superior Vision and Colonial Insurance products lasts from November 1, 2020 through October 31, 2021. Please Note: Dental benefits are based on the Calendar Year, running from January 1st through December 31st. Dental benefits and deductibles will reset every January 1st.
- – Deductions for Citizens SecDeductions for Citizens Security Dental, Superior Vision and Colonial Insurance products will begin November 2020.
- – If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
- – Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
- – Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has days to notify the North Carolina Service Center at 1-888-662-7500 to request a change in elections.
- – The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until December 1, 2020.
- – Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
- – Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.