Congratulations on your new employment! Your employment means more than just a paycheck. Your employer also provides eligible employees with a valuable benefits package. Below you will find information about how to enroll in these benefits as a new employee.
Flex – You will be eligible to enroll during the next Annual Enrollment.
Colonial – Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located on the contact page of this microsite.
All Other Benefits – Please contact your Benefits Department within 30 days of your date of hire.
Be sure to also review your group’s custom benefits microsite, that allows for easy, year-round access to benefit information, live chat support, benefit explainer videos, plan certificates and documents, and carrier contacts and forms.
Benefits Plan Overview
Flexible Spending Accounts: Ameriflex
– Medical Reimbursement Maximum: $2,500/year
– Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum: $5,000/year
You will need to re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Accounts if you want them to continue next year.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-ENROLL, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 31, 2023.
Dental Insurance: MetLife
Vision Insurance: EyeMed Vision
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Short-Term Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Long-Term Disability Benefits: Sun Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Group Term Life Insurance: MetLife
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Term Life Insurance
– Whole Life Insurance
Telemedicine Benefits: Call A Doctor Plus – Direct Billing Only
ID Theft & Legal Benefits: Legal Resources
Student Loan Assistance Program: GradFin
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you speak with a representative to change them.
Enrollment Period: OCTOBER 16, 2023 – DECEMBER 8, 2023
Effective Dates: JANUARY 1, 2024 – DECEMBER 31, 2024
– You must be employed at least 30 hours per week to participate in Dental benefits.
– You must be employed at least 20 hours per week to participate in Colonial, Spending Accounts, Vision, and Long-Term Disability benefits.
– You must be employed at least 15 hours per week to participate in Group Term Life benefits.
– When do my benefits start? The plan year for Colonial Insurance products, Spending Accounts, Sun Life Long-Term Disability, MetLife Dental, MetLife Group Term Life, MetLife Vision, and Legal Resources Legal Select Plan lasts from January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2024.
– When do my deductions start? Deductions for Colonial Insurance products, Spending Accounts, Sun Life Long-Term Disability, MetLife Dental, MetLife Group Term Life, MetLife Vision, and Legal Resources Legal Select Plan will begin January 2024. The Call A Doctor Plus Telemedicine plan is available by Direct Billing only. No deductions will be taken via payroll deduction.
– Why have my Cancer, Accident, or Medical Bridge benefits not started yet? The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until January 31, 2024.
– How do Flexible Spending Account (FSA) funds work, and do my FSA funds have to be used by a specific deadline? Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the plan year to be eligible for reimbursement. After the plan year ends, an employee has 90 days to submit claims for incurred qualified spending account expenses (or 90 days after employment termination date). If employment is terminated before the plan year ends, the spending account also ends. Failure to use all allotted funds in the FSA account will result in a “Use It or Lose It” scenario.
– My spouse is enrolled in an Health Savings Account (HSA), am I eligible for an FSA? As a married couple, one spouse cannot be enrolled in a Medical Reimbursement FSA at the same time the other opens or contributes to an HSA.
– How do Dependent Care Account (DCA) funds work and when do they need to be used? Dependent Care Accounts are like FSA accounts and allow you to request reimbursement up to your current balance. However, you cannot receive more reimbursement than what has been deducted from your pay. It’s important to note that any remaining funds in your DCA account must be utilized before the deadline. Failure to use all allotted funds in the DCA account will result in a “Use It or Lose It” scenario.
– When will I get my card? If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses. Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
– I want to sign my family up for benefits as well, what information will I need? If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Beneﬁts Representative.
– Can I sign up for Health Insurance as well? No, Pierce Group Representatives are not authorized to assist employees with their SHP enrollment or make SHP enrollment elections on an employee’s behalf.
– What is the difference between pre and post-tax benefits? Pre-tax benefit contributions are taken from an employee’s paycheck before state and federal taxes are applied. Post-tax benefit contributions are paid after taxes are deducted. It’s important to note that some coverages may still be subject to taxes even if paid for through pre-tax deduction or employee contribution.
– Can I change my benefit elections outside of the enrollment period? Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD. Please speak with your Plan Administrator for more information.
– I have a pre-existing condition. Will I still be covered? Some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy
carefully for full details.