Congratulations on your new employment!
PEBA Benefits – Visit https://mybenefits.sc.gov/ or https://online.retirement.sc.gov/MemberAccess/welcome
Colonial Benefits – Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
Benefits Plan Overview
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Whole Life Insurance
Enrollment Period: SEPTEMBER 15, 2021 – OCTOBER 31, 2021
Effective Dates: JANUARY 1, 2022 – DECEMBER 31, 2022
– You must work 30 hours or more per week.
– The plan year for Colonial Insurance products lasts from January 1, 2022, through December 31, 2022.
– Deductions for Colonial Insurance products will begin December 2021. For all employees with the exception of Child Nutrition, Bus Drivers and Custodians. Deductions for Child Nutrition, Bus Drivers and Custodians will begin January 2022.
– If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative.
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
– Once a family status change has occurred an employee has 30 days to notify the Pierce Group Benefits Service Center at 1-833-556-0006 to request a change in elections.
– The Colonial Cancer plan* and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until January 21, 2022. (*Waiting period waived for employees with existing coverage with a prior carrier. Please speak with your Benefits Counselor for more information.)
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.