Congratulations on your new employment!
Flex and Colonial – Please call the Service Center within 30 days of your date of hire. The Service Center number is located at the bottom of this page.
All Other Benefits – Please contact your Benefits Department within 30 days of your date of hire.
Enrollment Assistance - BenSelect
- If you are a new employee and unable to log into the online system, please see the Benefits Representative at your location, or contact Human Resources.
- If you are an existing employee and unable to log into the online system, please contact Pierce Group Benefits at 888-662-7500 between 8:30am and 5:00pm, or speak with your Benefits Representative at your location.
- Go to https://harmonyenroll.benselect.com/essex
- Enter your User Name: Social Security Number with or without dashes (ex. 123-45-6789 or 123456789)
- Enter your Password: Last 4 numbers of your Social Security Number followed by last 2 numbers of your Date of Birth year (ex.678970)
- The screen prompts you to create a NEW PIN [____________________________].
- Choose a security question and enter answer [______________________________________].
- Confirm (or enter) an email address.
- Click on ‘Save New PIN’ to continue to the enrollment welcome screen.
- From the welcome screen click “Next.”
- The screen shows ‘Personal Information’. Verify that the information is correct and enter the additional required information (marital status, work phone, e-mail address). Click ‘Next’.
- The screen allows you to add family members. It is only necessary to enter family member information if adding or including family members in your coverage. Click ‘Next’.
- The screen shows ‘Benefits Summary’. Review your current benefits and make changes/selections for the upcoming plan year.
You may enroll online in The Local Choice benefits.
The Local Choice benefits include Anthem Health, Delta Dental & Blue View Vision
HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT
Enter annual amount. EMPLOYEE $3,600/year. FAMILY $7,200/year.
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
Essex County Public Schools will provide a $500 HSA contribution to each employee enrolled in the HDHP. This will be contributed in two separate amounts throughout the year.
HEALTH CARE FSA
Enter annual amount. MAX $2,750/year
DEPENDENT CARE FSA
Enter annual amount. MAX $5,000/year
You may enroll online in Cancer Assist coverage.
DISABILITY — EDUCATOR 1.0
You may enroll online in Educator 1.0 coverage.
You may enroll online in Accident 1.0; however, persons over age 64 applying for coverage and employees wishing to purchase an individual policy for their spouse should speak with the Benefits Representative.
You may enroll online in Medical Bridge coverage.
CRITICAL ILLNESS 6000
You may enroll online in Critical Illness 6000 coverage.
TERM LIFE 5000
You may enroll online in Term Life 5000; however, employees wishing to purchase an individual policy for their spouse should speak with the Benefits Representative.
WHOLE LIFE 5000
You may enroll online in Whole Life 5000; however, employees wishing to purchase an individual policy for their spouse should speak with the Benefits Representative.
- Click ‘Sign & Submit’ once you have decided which benefits to enroll in.
- Review your coverage. It any items are ‘Pending’, you will need to decide whether to enroll or decline this benefit.
- Click ‘Next’ to review and electronically sign the authorization for your benefit elections.
- Review the confirmation, then if you are satisfied with your elections, enter your PIN and click ‘Sign Form’.
- Click ‘Download & Print’ to print a copy of your elections, or download and save the document. Please do not forget this important step!
PLEASE NOTE: If you are making changes to your Local Choice election, do not forget to print out the application, sign, and return it to the Pierce Group Benefits Counselor assigned to your location, or to Mary Coggin at the Central Office.
- Click ‘Log Out’.