Benefits Plan Overview
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Dental Insurance: AlwaysCare
Vision Insurance: Community Eye Care
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Group Term Life Insurance (Employer Paid Benefit): USAble
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you see a representative to change them.
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: OCTOBER 5, 2020 – OCTOBER 7, 2020
EFFECTIVE DATES: JANUARY 1, 2021 – DECEMBER 31, 2021
- – You must work 30 hours or more per week.
- – The plan year for AlwaysCare Dental, Community Eye Care and Colonial Insurance products lasts from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- – Deductions for AlwaysCare Dental and Community Eye Care will begin December . Deductions for Colonial Insurance products will begin January 2021.
- – If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when meeting with the Benefits Representative.
- – Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
- – Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the North Carolina Service Center at 1-888-662-7500 to request a change in elections.
- – The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident, Colonial Critical Illness and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until January 31, 2020.
- – Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
- – Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
- – An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.