Congratulations on your new employment!
Colonial – You will be eligible to enroll during the next Annual Enrollment.
All Other Benefits – Please contact your Benefits Department within 30 days of your date of hire.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
EAP & WORK-LIFE SERVICES
Help is available 24/7/365 at 800-633-3353
An EAP is a company-sponsored benefit that offers the support and resources you need to address personal or work-related challenges and concerns. It’s confidential and free to you and your household family members.
Access Your EAP & Work-Life Services
There are two ways to access your EAP and work-life services: Call 800-633-3353 or
Visit mygroup.com | Click on My Portal Login | Work-Life | Username: jones56 Password: guest
Assessment and Counseling
Reasons to use the EAP include:
– Marital difficulties
– Work-related concerns
– Alcohol and drug use/abuse
– Grief and loss
When employees and family members call the EAP, they are offered face-to-face, telephonic, or virtual counseling sessions in which a thorough assessment can be conducted by a licenses, experienced clinician in their area. EAP is short-term, solution-focused therapy so not all issues will be resolved within the EAP model and may need to be referred to other resources.
– 7 content divisions: Parenting, Aging, Balancing, Thriving, Living, Working, and International
– Monthly Online Seminars and eLearning courses with certificates of completion
– Searchable databases and resource links for child care providers, elder care and related services, adoption resources, attorneys, certified financial planners, pet sitting, private and public high schools and colleges, and volunteer opportunities
– Over 100 streaming audio files and 100 video files covering a range of health topics
– Savings Center: discount shopping program offering up to 25% discounts on name-brand items
– Relocation Center: an interactive program that allows users to preview communities across the U.S.
– Free telephonic legal advice
– Free 30-minute appointment for legal consultation with a local attorney
– In most cases, 25% discount on ongoing legal services
– Legal forms available to download (such as wills, request for death certificate, etc.)
– Online legal encyclopedia
– Does not cover disputes or actions involving employer, EAP or business issues
– Free financial appointments
– Issues addressed include bankruptcy, budgeting, buying a home, college savings, retirement planning
– Education materials and financial worksheets provided prior to appointments
– 40 financial calculators available online
– ID theft recovery through credit monitoring
– Discounted credit reports