Congratulations on your new employment!
Colonial – You will be eligible to enroll during the next Annual Enrollment.
All Other Benefits – Please contact your Benefits Department within 30 days of your date of hire.
Benefits Plan Overview
Dental Insurance: Always Care
Vision Insurance: Community Eye Care
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
Life Insurance: Colonial Life
– Term Life Insurance
– Whole Life Insurance
Group Term Life Insurance: USAble
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you speak with a representative to change them.
Enrollment Period: OCTOBER 4, 2021 – OCTOBER 6, 2021
Effective Dates: JANUARY 1, 2022 – DECEMBER 31, 2022
– You must work 30 hours or more per week.
– The plan year for AlwaysCare Dental, Community Eye Care Vision and Colonial Insurance products lasts from January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
– Deductions for AlwaysCare Dental and Community Eye Care Vision will begin December 2021. Deductions for Colonial Insurance products will begin January 2022.
– If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative.
– Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
– Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify the North Carolina Service Center at 1-888-662-7500 to request a change in elections.
– The Colonial Cancer plan and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until January 31, 2022.
– Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
– Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
– An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.