Benefits Plan Overview
Health Insurance: Blue Cross Blue Shield
Dental Insurance: MetLife
Vision Insurance: EyeMed
Health Savings Accounts*
- Employee Maximum $3,600/year
- Family Maximum $7,200/year
HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). Employee must be enrolled in the Base or Buy-Up HSA plan included in this booklet in order to participate in the Health Savings Account.
Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Medical Reimbursement FSA Maximum $2,750/year
- Limited Purpose FSA⁺ Maximum $2,750/year
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum $5,000/year
⁺Limited Purpose FSA funds can only be used for qualifying vision, dental and orthodontia expenses
Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
*You will need to re-sign for the Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts if you want them to continue.
IF YOU DO NOT RE-SIGN, YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL STOP EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 31, 2020.
- Short-Term Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
- Long-Term Disability Benefits: Sun Life, Employer-Paid Benefit
Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
- Group Term Life Insurance: Sun Life, Basic Life Coverage is Employer-Paid Benefit
- Term Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Whole Life Insurance: Colonial Life
Legal Plan Select: Legal Resources
Please note your insurance products will remain in effect unless you speak with a representative to change them.
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: NOVEMBER 9, 2020 – NOVEMBER 16, 2020
EFFECTIVE DATES: JANUARY 1, 2021 – DECEMBER 31, 2021
• Employees must work 30 hours or more per week to participate in benefits.
• New Employees should speak with Human Resources for benefit effective dates following employment.
• The plan year for BlueCross BlueShield Health, MetLife Life Dental, EyeMed Vision, Colonial Insurance products, Sun Life Voluntary Group Term Life and Legal Resources Legal Select Plan lasts from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
•Deductions for BlueCross BlueShield Health, MetLife Dental, EyeMed Vision, Colonial Insurance products, Sun Life Voluntary Group Term Life and Legal Resources Legal Select Plan will begin January 2021. The Sun Life Basic Group Term Life and Sun Life Long-Term Disability benefits are employer-paid and provided by Pierce Group Benefits.
•If signing up for any coverage on your spouse and/or children, please have their dates of birth and social security numbers available when speaking with the Benefits Representative.
• If you will be receiving a new debit card, whether you are a new participant or to replace your expired card, please be aware that it may take up to 30 days following your plan effective date for your card to arrive. Your card will be delivered by mail in a plain white envelope. During this time you may use manual claim forms for eligible expenses. Please note that your debit card is good through the expiration date printed on the card.
• Elections made during this enrollment period CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD unless there is a family status change as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Examples of a family status change are: marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, termination or commencement of a spouse’s employment, or the transition of spouse’s employment from full-time to part-time, or vice-versa.
• Once a family status change has occurred, an employee has 30 days to notify Debbie Marshall, Human Resources Manager.
• Flexible Spending Account expenses must be incurred during the Plan Year in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
• An employee has 90 days after the plan year ends to submit claims for spending account expenses that were incurred during the plan year. Please note that if employment terminates during the plan year, that employee’s plan year ends the day employment ends. The employee has 90 days after the termination date to submit claims.
• With Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, the maximum reimbursement you can request is equal to the current account balance in your Dependent Care account. You cannot be reimbursed more than has actually been deducted from your pay.
• The Colonial Cancer plan (NC ONLY) and the Health Screening Rider on the Colonial Accident (NC ONLY) and Colonial Medical Bridge plan have a 30-day waiting period for new enrollees. Coverage, therefore, will not begin until January 31, 2021.
• Additionally, some policies may include a pre-existing condition clause. Please read your policy carefully for full details.
• Please be aware there are certain coverages that may be subject to federal and state tax when premium is paid by pretax deduction or employee contribution.
• An employee taking a leave of absence, other than under the Family & Medical Leave Act, may not be eligible to re-enter the Flexible Benefits Program until the next plan year. Please contact your Benefit Administrator for more information.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS / HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS
If an employee enrolls in an employer-sponsored High Deductible Health Plan, he/she may participate in a Health Savings Account (HSA). If enrolling during this enrollment, the employer will make a contribution of $20.84 to the employee’s HSA for the month of December for the short plan year of December 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. If enrolling during the subsequent annual enrollment for the plan year of January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021, the employer will make an annual contribution of $250.00 to the employee’s HSA – 1/24 contributed biweekly. Employees hired during the year will receive a pro-rated amount. If the employee participates in an HSA, he/she may also participate in a Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA).
If the employee enrolls in an employer-sponsored Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan, the employee may participate in a Flexible Savings Account (FSA). If enrolling during this enrollment, the employer will make a contribution of $20.84 to the employee’s FSA for the month of December for the short plan year of December 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. If enrolling during the subsequent annual enrollment for the plan year January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021, the employer will make an annual contribution of $250.00 the first of the plan year to the employee’s FSA. Employees hired during the year will receive a pro-rated amount.
If the employee does not wish to enroll in an employer-sponsored health plan, the employee may still participate in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Limited Purpose FSA. No employer contributions will be made.